Monday, August 10, 2009

Calming Rooms in White

I have been running crazy trying to get ready for my my sister's wedding in Denmark and then hiking in Switzerland. Packing for the kids, finding temporary homes for the dog and the fish, well you all know how it goes - I will need a vacation after all this!

So, I thought I would share some beautiful rooms in white to calm it down a bit. This room above could be very soothing, but the artwork provides a level of tension, which I thought was appropriate for my current situation. Change out the photo series with seascapes and the room will take on a whole different feeling. Notice the grain sack upholstery and interesting rope detailing on the sofa.
Here is a wonderful space. The architecture of this room is lovely. Notice how the built in art niches mimic the lines of the doors and the windows. I also like how the interior wall creates a room with in a room.
I could relax in this simple room. The wood ceiling and walls, as well as the stone fireplace, bring in the texture. I would prefer something larger over the fireplace though.
This kitchen cozy. The wood counters warm up the space and the green acrylic stools and matching pendants give it a bit of unexpected personality.

In this kitchen the artwork is the focal point. I like how they place a painting under the table. Can any one identify the object on the top of the cabinet? It adds interest to say the least!
Here is one of my favorites - first, notice the curve in the ceiling. I love the wonderful old cupboard, french doors, linen shades, saw horse style table and slate floor. Are those chairs from Slettvoll? I could certainly relax and enjoy a latte and chocolate croissant in this dining room.
An interesting bunk room. This would calm down the most unruly children. This is a room for sleepovers and I really think they might actually sleep.

White calms the mind, and if done correctly it can soothe the soul. Enjoy your day. I'm off to do laundry!
xx-Gina

Blog Archive