Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Peep"-ing at Orange

Peeps, the marshmallow chicks that are an American spring tradition!
This year in keeping with the design trends, Just Born, makers of Peeps, have joined in by releasing a new color: Orange Peeps. They are a lovely shade of soft orange.
Although I am very partial to neutral palettes, the Peeps inspired me to take a look at some orange drenched rooms.
Home and Garden
Here is a wonderful breakfast nook with soft coral walls. I love how the black iron chairs pop in the space. Also notice the unexpected use of bright green chair cushions and animal print pillows
Kips Bay
This bright orange gives me electric shocks! Though not at all my style, I appreciate the talent of the designer of this room. Raspberry, turquoise, bright green and orange! Wow, so much color with so much going on and it still really works. This is a happy space. I like the stenciling on the walls, but I really could not live in this space.
Dutchboy
Here is a very traditional room with bright pop of color. The black table really anchors the space . Notice how the yellow upholstery on the chairs is repeated again with the yellow plates on the wall. Martha Stewart
A sweet little girls room orchestrated by Martha Stewart. Fabric panels stretched over canvas add a designer touch at fraction of the cost! A good idea because surely when she turns 13 she will insist on changing her room ! Rafter Tales
Perhaps this is our 13 year olds' room - The little girl in her can't let go of the orange and pink but the colors are repeated in a more mature way. I can hear the cell phone ringing...
Elle Decor
In this dining room we again see orange paired with bright green. I love the interesting lights, candlesticks and wall art. I also like the rug. This color will surely encourage lively, spicy conversations!

Pottery Barn
And finally Pottery Barn gets into the game! I really like this dining room ! It has wonderful elements: the trestle style table, a current rug and those orange chairs! The topiaries, light fixture and clean white walls, even make neutral loving me, a bit more open the color of the season.
Which do you like? Or do you think orange is just too trendy?