Friday, June 13, 2008

Faded Elegance booth update...


Yesterday I went over and enlisted my darling daughters' help to move some things around in the booth at Faded Elegance. In the shot above, you can see that I've added a few of the pieces that didn't sell over at Farm Chicks - which, honestly, is just fine with me! This way I can freshen up the booth without having to create something new - 'cause I'm doing enough of that for the Cotillion in two weeks!

This sweet little dresser has handpainted soft blue 'lace' detailing on the top and drawer fronts. It also has an Eastlake-style backboard on the dresser, with more handpainted detail. It's a perfect bedside chest or child's dresser. And if you love love love that swirly 'Brocade'-style mirror, get in here and buy it! As of next week, I'm taking it out and painting it to look like old metal and hauling it to Reno for the show!

This shot and the one below show peeks of a perfectly shabby chippy peely ivory painted table.
I LOVE this thing, and I have no idea why I'm selling it. Oh yeah - because my grandson thinks the paint chipping off of it is something to eat. Not so good! It's very chippy and flaky, did I mention that? Authentic aging, tho - no crackle paint or such nonsense. Uh uh, this is the real deal. My loss, your gain!

Under that table are two boxes of glass party ware - you know, the glass snack sets that Mary Tyler Moore used in the Dick Van Dyke show? The Beav's mom had them, too, and so did Donna Reed. All the best hostesses do! These are in their original perfect boxes, ready for a bridal shower or brunch with the girls on the patio. (There's a third box under the blue table - because that box is silver and I just don't like the way it looks. The glass inside is all perfect, though!) All specially priced at just ten dollars a set. The clear glass cups make FABulous votive holders, too.

After we finished that and completely emptied the yellow display, I took my girl to lunch at Under the Red Umbrella, a cute little bistro up on Rucker Ave. So nice!

Then today, I installed a whole new display in our other space at Faded Elegance. It's red and vintage and kitschy. Go here to see it - I'm using photos of it to demonstrate display techniques on my design blog!

A reminder that Faded Elegance will be open for business in the current location through Saturday June 28. Then it will close for the big move, and the new store in Snohomish will open Friday July 4th! Our booths will be emptied Monday, June 23, before we leave for Reno. So get in there!!!